Monday 8 June 2009

53rd Venice Biennale

thanks to ADACH whom without we the Emirati artists wouldn't have been at the Venice Biennale for the UAE & ADACH pavilion. it was simply an amazing experience! i learnt so much and all i wanted to do is to work on my paintings while i was there! but unfortunately i didn't have my laptop and tablet with me :(
this picture was taken the minute Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon entered the ADACH pavilion.

a group picture of the UAE delegation before the opening reception :)


the Emirati artist Jalal Luqman with Peter Cleaves the CEO of Emirates Foundation & his wife at the Venice Biennale.


Dr. Frauke & her husband David standing behind her at the ADACH Pavilion


the Egyptian pavilion was my favorite, when i entered and saw these huge men sculptures bending down to greet me, i was stunned!!! i just fell in love immediately :)

2 comments:

Nivedita said...

the egyptian statues are indeed stunning :))

-nivi

sumayyah al suwaidi said...

Yeah!! they were just amazing, the girl wearing the white scarf in the last photo is me! i stodd there for a while i just couldnt move! LOL! :)